After a seemingly slow start this spring, the Concord grape vine is incredibly lush and covered with immature clusters.
We're still a couple of months away from the usual harvest time, so these have plenty of time to grow and ripen.
I've now got two seedless Concords in the ground, a second added this spring because I thought the other had died. Surprise! That makes three vines. I must be crazy.
Did you know that Grapes are deadly to dogs? I learned that not long ago. Thing that makes me wonder is that we had a wonderful vine of concord grapes on our back fence when we lived in Michigan. Our oldest Rottie use to go out there and stand on the fence and pig out! It never seemed to hurt her and if it had I would have really felt bad for allowing her to eat them.
Yes, I am aware of it. Although I, too, question the actual problem (before the warning ever came out, all my dogs ate grapes). Everything I've read doesn't pinpoint the source of trouble. Some think it might be the chemicals applied. Some think it might be something in the grape itself. Some think it might be a fungus. You'd think someone could figure it out.
Post a Comment